How can a choreographer best support a dancer for dance performances?

Monday, May 20, 2013

Blog 25: Mentorship Log

Literal:
Log: 60 Hours

Miss. Mary at Adage Dance Studio (909) 392-4440

From my First Independent Component I did a total of 70 hours. So subtracting the required 30 Hours, I did 40 hours over.
For my Mentorship I did a total of 100 hours

Interpretive: The most important thing I gained from my mentorship was the experience in a competitive studio. I also learned so much about being a teacher and getting the students to open up and express themselves. Through my mentorship I found out things about myself. I found a love for lyrical dance. I don't express my emotions that much, only with a select few and dancing lyrical and expression allowed me  figure out what helped me relief stress.

Applied:
Everything in my mentorship supported or led to my answers. Observing and taking notes was very helpful because sometimes I would look back to my notes and see something I would  want to research more. It drove my senior project.

No comments:

Post a Comment