How can a choreographer best support a dancer for dance performances?

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Blog 26: Reflection

1. Positive Statement: I tried my best to make my 2 hour engaging with the audience. I have seen many 2 hour presentations where people fall asleep and I didn't want to look at my audience and see that. Also, a dance should not be boring so I tried to impress my audience as much as possible. I think I did a good job at getting involved and I am very proud in my work. Especially because i changed my activities a billion times.

2a. My own assessment: P/AP+ Even though I did a really good job on my two hour, I have put a lot of effort into my senior project and it was never enough to get a P. Not to sound depressing but I am starting to accept that my work is just not "P" worthy so I understand me getting an AP. Why I think I deserve a P is because, not comparing myself to others, from my usual work I improved a lot. So comparing myself to previous work this has been by far the best. I really am proud of 2 hour. Obviously there were things I could have done better so I understand the AP.

2b. AP+ because throughout the whole year I never stopped thing about my senior project. I never stopped changing it because I would always be learning and finding research. My first answer wording changed from my iSearch to my 2 hour presentation. Because I was constantly thinking about it I never got settled with one specific thing. Yet again I understand that my work versus that of others is not comparable.

3. My Independent Components. Choosing my own project was the best because I chose things that would challenge me and take time. I definitely did not settle. Doing the quinceanera waltz took so much time, I did not even count the hours that it took for me to make the routine. My second independent component was to help a new girl into dance team catch up with out dances. I am so proud to see that out of the 5 routines we have learned she is in 4 of them. As if they were such successful projects, I learned so much in each. I gained  a lot of experience that research could not have given me.

4. I would do better on research. I would do my research but once I started learning in my mentorship and getting that hands on knowledge, doing research was tedious. I just wanted to dance. I do appreciate my research and it helped me a great ton but I slipped once and never really got back on the horse.

5. My senior project has allowed me to find the way I can best express myself. I have such difficulty with words and for the longest I thought quotes and books were the only things that understood. But after my senior project, I found that one thing that allows me to express myself. When I'm feeling a strong emotion I blast music and dance it off. I cannot wait for college because I know I can always just dance when things get tricky.

No comments:

Post a Comment