How can a choreographer best support a dancer for dance performances?

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Blog 24:Exit Interview Questions


1. My essential question is How can a choreographer best prepare a dancer for successful dance performances? My best answer is keeping an open communication. The communication is the foundation of a relationship. Nothing can be build on top of it if it is not stable. How can a dancer improve their technique if they don't even trust their choreographer. 

2. This answer was in everything I did for my senior project I just didn't notice it until my mentor pointed it out. For example in my independent component I developed too much of a friendship with the dancers and their was no respect. I soon understood that I had to act like an adult to get the respect of one. 

3. I had a difficulty finding a good mentor. My first two mentors had me observing everyday and while I learned a lot I didn't feel like I was gaining experience. Eventually I found a mentor that had me do a lot of work, she took me to rehearsals, she took me to recitals. My favorite job was to actually help with choosing costumes and formations.

4. My first independent component and the book, A Time to Teach, A Time to Dance by Margaret Freman. 
The independent component gave me experience I could have not gained from anywhere else. And the book gave me a professionals point of view.

5. My product is becoming a quinceanera waltz instructor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment